SMALL RESEARCH GRANT PROGRAM FOR YOUNG RESEARCHERS
The Metro Manila Health Research and Development Consortium (MMHRDC), in pursuit of promoting local research that can respond to the current health concerns in the Philippines, spearheads a research grant program that will provide funding support, as well as training and mentoring of young researchers.
Who can apply
Young researchers (45 y/o and below) from MMHRDC member-institutions without any publications in ISI or peer-reviewed non-ISI journals as primary authors are eligible.
What are the preferred research topics
Interested junior faculty/researchers are encouraged to submit concept proposals on research studies aligned to the priorities listed in the National Unified Health Research Agenda (NUHRA) 2012-2016.
- Health Technology and Development - Diagnostics, Genomics/Molecular Technology, Functional Foods, Drug Discovery and Development, Hospital Equipment and Biomedical Devices , Information and Communication Technology (ICT) for Health
- Health Financing- Financial Risk Protection
- Health Service Delivery - improving access to quality hospitals and health care facilities, improving provision of public health services
- Social and Environmental Health Concerns- Environmental and Climate Change, Health Social Sciences
(for more details on the NUHRA you may visit http://www.pchrd.dost.gov.ph/)
What will be provided in this program
Funding support of not more than Php200,000.00 plus capacity building and mentoring through training on research project/proposal development, research ethics and good clinical practice, data processing analysis and technical writing to publish study results will be provided.
What to submit
- concept paper, in not more than two pages, and should include project title, rationale/significance, objectives, methodology, expected output/s
- curriculum vitae of key investigators
- endorsement letter from the head of the member institution
How to submit
Deadline for application
March 15, 2012
For inquiries you may contact:
Ms. Brenda Ruth Cabral
National Institutes of Health
University of the Philippines Manila
623 Pedro Gil St., Ermita, Manila
Tel. No. 526-4349 or visit www.mmhrdc.healthresearch.ph.