Training Workshop on Good Clinical Practice and Health Research Ethics
11-12 November 2013, CME Auditorium, University of Santo Tomas, Manila
The University of the Philippines Manila-National Institutes of Health, in collaboration with the Metro Manila Health Research and Development Consortium (MMHRDC), offers a two-day training workshop for basic training in the application of principles of good clinical practice (GCP) and health research ethics to the performance of specific roles in health research. The course includes an introduction to international guidelines and national regulations in health research, and highlights general research ethical issues such as vulnerability, privacy and confidentiality of health information, risks in protocol implementation, risk-benefit assessment, and informed consent. Course details and program may be downloaded here.
Who should attend?
The training workshop is open to health research stakeholders involved in the conduct, management, approval, and funding of health research, including:
- New research investigators or investigators requiring GCP updates
- Ethics review committee members
- Research staff
- Research management staff
- Training workshop materials
- CD and book of international and national guidelines
- Certificate of training
- Lunch and snacks
- Participants from MMHRDC member institutions are entitled to a special registration rate of Php 2,300.00
- Payments can be made through cash or check deposit to the following account:
Account Name: UP Manila Development Foundation, Inc
Account number: 384564400017
- Checks should be payable to UP Manila Development Foundation Inc.
- Proof of payment will be required to confirm registration.
For more information
Contact the MMHRDC Secretariat through telephone number +632 3543832 or mobile number +639063065397.
ABOUT THE MMHRDC
The Metro Manila Health Research and Development Consortium (MMHRDC) was established on February 13, 2009 to strengthen the system of collaboration among health research institutions in Metro Manila. It aims to develop and enhance the capacity of institutions within and outside the region, and which has interest in health research as a strategy to improve the health conditions of its people.
MMHRDC 25 Member Institutions
- Adamson University
- Arellano University
- Commission on Higher Education-National Capital Region
- De La Salle University Manila
- Department of Health, Center for Health Development-National Capital Region
- Department of Science and Technology-National Capital Region
- Emilio Aguinaldo College
- Environmental Management Bureau
- Eye Referral Center
- Far Eastern University-Nicanor Reyes Medical Foundation
- DOST-Food and Nutrition Research Institute
- DOST-Industrial Technology Development Institute
- Manila Central University-Filemon D. Tanchoco Medical Foundation
- Manila Doctors Hospital
- Manila Health Department
- Manila Med
- Our Lady of Fatima University-College of Medicine
- Pamantasan ng Lungsod ng Maynila-College of Medicine
- Philippine Christian University
- Philippine Women’s University
- DOH-Research Institute for Tropical Medicine
- Saint Paul University Manila
- University of Santo Tomas
- University of the East-Ramon Magsaysay Memorial Medical Center
- University of the Philippines Manila-National Institutes of Health